Saturday, May 14, 2011

David Lynch Paintings

I have been thinking more and more about painting scenes from my dreams instead of , or as well as filming (real life) .I feel it may stop my inclination to try and recreated an actual literal dream episode.Free up more possibilities and use the dream as more of a reference point than actual script. 

What I love about David Lynch's paintings is that although they pervade a similar mood to his films they are in no way similar in style or aesthetics .


"You go by most paintings, and they don't stop you. You can walk by so much because it's merely beautiful. I like to feel that you could bite my paintings. Not to eat them, to hurt them. I like to feel like I'm painting with my teeth. I call my painting `bad' because bad painting has its own beauty. It's not a designer tapestry or a commercial hype. It makes you react to it."











No comments:

Post a Comment