Saturday, May 14, 2011

Inland Empire

I have had a long time love affair with David Lynch , Although I didn't want to turn to him initially  as he would have to be the obvious in creating dreamlike, nightmarish scenes. But  I have to come back to him...No one else quite captures that world so vividly and beautifully . Inland Empire especially captures this lurid dream land. I have look everywhere for the "Locomotion dance scene" but it doesn't seem to be up on the internet. It is my favourite moment of the film.  Inland empire seems to combine the surreal worlds and concepts of all his other films, ( Blue Velvet, Lost Highway, Twin Peaks, Wild At Heart , Mulholland Drive)It is a  A non linear physiological thriller, both terrifying and maddening.A plot that very quickly becomes a nightmare, hallucinatory vision. 
I watch it when it first came out so can no longer remember all the details , But I do remember thinking it was like being inside one of my own dreams.






No comments:

Post a Comment