Saturday, May 7, 2011

Kushana Bush






Kushana Bush is one of the most inspirering artist I've come accross recently. I love her softly painted,  often bordering on,  disturbing scenes of intertwined socked men. the last two paintings in particular remind me of scenes from my dreams, and I'm thinking now that perhaps this would be a way to re create them , rather than acting out, for the more explicit dreams anyhow.

"Kushana Bush explores the unresolved tensions between pleasure and logic, and public and private identities through imagery of bedroom interiors of couples acting out, or seeking to realise sexual pleasures while trapped by anxieties and apprehension. Bush's work draws upon contemporary cinema, expressionist traditions of painting, feminist painting and politics. It also maintains a critical acceptance of these conventions just as it seems to dissect and reveal the personalities of those individuals that inhabit the picture plane."

No comments:

Post a Comment